Friday, August 16, 2013

  Howdy folks, so many chores to do and so little time to blog..... but wait!   SOME things are just plain note-worthy.  For quite a few years now we have relied on many loyal repeat customers and their word-of-mouth advertising to sell our premium grass-fed beef. While this "if it ain't broke don't go fix'n it" business plan has put food on the table, some of those loyal customers comments have also included: "Can we order your beef in restaurants?"and "do you have a website?" or "people should know about this stuff." "Do you do the farmers markets?" "You do not charge near enough" My personal favorite was from a customer who left us a voice message with his re-order along with the comment "Your beef is unreal."  After hearing these compliments along with what I consider sage advice we are now taking some steps to make online ordering available to our customers. Last Friday I stopped at the Sugarhouse Farmers Market to pick up some locally grown berries for a batch of homemade ice cream. As I wandered through the market visiting, (and eating) I could not find a meat vendor......WELL....I mused.  Maybe. I asked around for the boss and was introduced to Kim Larkin. She put me in touch with the board chair, Amy Barry.  Amy was delighted about the possibility to have us participate in the market and welcomed us aboard. Everyone at the Broke Bar W Ranch is looking forward to sharing the word "We are at the farmers market" See you there - James



No comments:

Post a Comment